Who is wcsLink?
In 2008, a small group of parents established wcsLink to provide an opportunity for families of students who learn differently to share resources and friendship. Our organization collaborates with the WCS Student Support Services department to create supportive relationships between home and school. No matter where you may be on the path of educating your child, there are families who have traveled ahead of you and families that will follow after you. It is vital that we combine our knowledge, our experience, and our resources to benefit all of our children along the way. wcsLink reaches out to families in the following ways.
- Email announcements of upcoming events and information of interest
- Submit announcements into each school’s newsletters
- Update information to our website: www.wcsLink.org
- Opportunities to talk with the Director of Student Support Services and the WCS Superintendent
- Seminars/training sessions (e.g., IEP process, advocating for your child, study skills, etc…)
- Guest speakers
- Parent Information Expo
- wcsLink parent representative at each school for families to contact
- Support groups for parents of WCS special needs and gifted children